Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LISTS AND MORE LISTS


Remembering back to my very first entry into this blog, even though it was just three short entries ago. I mentioned that the "road" was paved with good intentions. Well, if that road is to hell, I have had enough intentions this week to pave it there and back again, and again. After all it so easy to let those intentions slip in, get all comfy cozy and be good with it. There they are, making themselves right at home before you know it.


I have a good excuse, as always, here it is.....I went to Eugene with my mom to visit my great aunt (age 85) and my great uncle (age 90). (Is that good enough?) In the meantime, I made lists. Lists of what needs to be done, lists of what should be done, and what will be done when I get home. I made Michael a list. I sure that he didn't appreciate it much, but it was a short list. Only six or seven items on it. He's lucky, I have many, many long, long lists. He only got one, he should be thankful.


Of all of the lists I made, I should of double checked the packing list. We went for three days and I only packed for two. This presented a problem, that should of been a sign. I never made it to go shopping to solve this problem. When you are traveling with the over eighty crowd, there is just not enough time. They moved very slowly. V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y (Sorry mom). And they deserve to move slowly. But it can be frustrating to us who don't move slow. (I wonder if this is how my daughter sees me? Oh, god!) During all this slow getting around we did visit and the three of them reminisced about their childhood, work stories, war stories and in general life stories. They talked about family I never met and now wished I could of. It was enlightening. I found that by taking the time and listening to them, it made them happy and in turn made me happy. As I listened I still made lists (guilty conscience, damn voices). I did have a good visit and dinner with my granddaughter and her mom. They also live in Eugene. I applied my lesson learned and found the same results. Happy.


After three days gone and only one day at home, I got not one single item on any of my lists organized. Nope, nada, nothing, zilch. Very unhappy voices. I did do some things, just nothing that could be technically classified as organizational. Is that a word? I worked at my real job, forty hours. And did the other usual house type things that have to be done, laundry, cleaning, etc. Not one bit of organizing or clearing crap. But I have my lists. On those lists are all of my hopes and schedules for next week. I will throw out all the good intentions that have moved in. I will be determined, strong and complete a task. Organize the unorganized masses, calm the voices, clear the crap.


Next week, less lists, more totes (they are still on sale), more work and I am sure more surprises. Until then.




No comments:

Post a Comment